Dear McGilvra Families,
Due to new CDC guidelines to cancel all group events over 50 people, we unfortunately need to cancel our live auction. While we can’t get together in person, we still need your support to fund the programs that the Seattle Public School District does not provide McGilvra—additional reading and math support, counseling, and our art program.
Q) How can we continue to support McGilvra with the live auction canceled?
Our community needs your support now more than ever. We are hosting an online auction where you can buy items or virtually raise the paddle to donate to the school.
● We have LOTS of donations from area businesses that are useful for everyday life, including cleaning services, educational programs, restaurants, and more. Additionally, we’ve marked most donations for sale at 50% of value, so please take advantage and start shopping!
● When possible, donations will be mailed directly to the buyer when purchased, which will help the donors during this hard time as well.
● We are still adding items to the auction website and items that were planned for the live auction will be put online in a few weeks. Please check in daily for updates! We have vacations, group experiences, and more.
● Please sign up for the buy-in parties! If we are not able to hold them before the end of the school year or over the summer, we will reschedule for fall.
● Use smile.amazon.com when online shopping and select McGilvra PTA as your preferred charity. Amazon will donate .05% of purchases back to our school.
Online auction open!