Are you interested in making a bigger impact in your child’s education? One amazing way to do so is to take advantage of the opportunity to be on our McGilvra PTA Board. We currently have one PTA Board position available, the Co-Chair VP of Fundraising. This is a shared role with the other co-chair where together you help to plan and execute fundraising activities vital to funding our programs that enrich our children’s education.
With your co-chair:
- Work with the Run-a-Thon Lead to ensure the program is on track. This year’s program is already under way, is well documented, and enjoys a high level of volunteerism to make for a well-run and super fun event!
- Work with the Wildcat FunDrive Lead to ensure the program is on track. The Wildcat FunDrive (previously known as “Green Sheets”) is our one-month drive to help reach our Annual Fund goal. It will kick off October 14th and is also a well-documented program.
- Work with the Online Auction Lead to ensure the program is on track. The online auction takes place on non-auction years. NOTE: This fundraising board role no longer includes our every-other-year live / silent auction, which will have its own chair.
- Help input cash and check donations into the online database (NOTE, many donations are done online and are automated).
- Strategize other fundraising opportunities (e.g. we held a fun Glassybaby event just before the holidays where parents could help make their own ornament or bowl)
- Attend PTA Board Meetings, which take place one evening most months throughout the school year, and provide the board and our Principal with fundraising status. Always lively and informative evenings!
This role is extremely rewarding and genuinely a lot of fun! It’s a terrific way to get to know many of the parents (and teachers across grades!) who lend their creativity, experience, organizational skills and time to make our events amazing. This role gives you the opportunity to make a tangible difference for our school, as well as to be in-the-know and influence the happenings within our school and the district.
Please reach out to Leslie Bobek (email@example.com), Parent Outreach, and Cathy Davidson (Catherine_davidson@hotmail.com), current VP of Fundraising, if you have any questions and want to learn more.